I’m pretty excited about this update and multisite compatibility is the reason why! As someone who manages a pretty vast multisite network, I think WordPress multisite is awesome and hope others find this new functionality useful as well.
But version 1.3 didn’t present itself solely bearing the fruits of multisite. Here’s the full list of improvements:
- Added multisite custom post type manager.
- Added setting to assign meta box format, i.e. autocomplete, checklist or dropdown.
- Before, you could change the meta box via filter. Now it’s just a matter of selecting a radio button. You can still use the filter if need be.
- Added “Show Admin Column” to the CPT-onomy settings.
- This is a new register_taxonomy() setting as of WordPress 3.5.
- Before, CPT-onomies added the column itself but will now hook into this new core taxonomy functionality.
- I will retain backwards compatability for a little while.
- Deprecated the ability to make the CPT-onomy admin columns sortable in order to align with new, core WP taxonomy admin column functionality.
- The new core WordPress taxonomy admin columns are not sortable so, therefore, I’ve removed the column sort functionality from the plugin.
- Deprecated the ‘custom_post_type_onomies_add_cpt_onomy_admin_sortable_column’ filter.
- Before, you could use this filter to turn off the column sortability. Now, with sorting gone, there’s no need to have the filter.
- Added support for the “Gravity Forms + Custom Post Types” plugin.
- This particular feature was commissioned by a user and will allow you to create CPT-onomy relationships when you use a Gravity Forms form to create a custom post type post.
- Added the ability to only include/assign specific terms by passing term IDs to a filter.
- Like the previously added “exclude” filter, this filter allows you to designate that you only want specific CPT-onomy term(s) to be allowed to be assigned.
- Added wp_set_post_terms() to the CPT-onomy class.
Hope you the enjoy the update. I already have ideas for the next round! And, as always, please let me know if you have any questions or find any bugs! Thanks!